In June 2013 we had a yurt raising!
This is the question we get a lot:
Why a yurt?
(Actually, the most common question is: Are you going to live in the yurt during the winter? The answer is: Yes. Hopefully.)
We decided to get a yurt to live in because:
- it speaks to our nomadic hearts
- it keeps up closer to nature
- circle living is cool
- we hope it will leave a smaller footprint on mother earth
- a small house keeps us accountable to how many possessions we own
- it’s a fun adventure with lots of new things for us to learn
- why not?
… More yurt living to come…